Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quick Update

Project 20k
Objective: Turn $600 into $20,000. Limit Cash Games only, must have 300BB to play within a limit. Must start at 1/2. Doesn't matter how long it takes, but I can't play more than 20 hours in 1 week (so I can have a life other than poker lol).

Start Date: 3/24/08 @ $600
Current Balance: $787
Current Limit: 1/2 Limit Hold'em

Bankroll Status
I'm +$187 on my Cake account from playing 1/2 Limit Hold'em (6-Max & Full Ring) since I started. It's moving a lot quicker than I thought! Just need ~$400 more to move up to 2/4 Limit. I'm estimating I'll hit it by May first.

Lessons learned
The number of pots you win/lose in a session mean nothing other than short term variance. The only meaningful things at the poker table are: maximizing the number of decisions made that have +ev (positive expected value) , fully capitalizing on your opponents playing styles (individuals & table pace) and remaining in control of yourself.

If you take your game seriously, it doesn't matter what limits you play. It's funny how 1/2 can feel just like 10/20! When I lose a $30 pot, at 1/2, it sucks just as bad as losing a $300 pot at 10/20! I wouldn't go so far however as to say it feels the same as losing a $600 pot at 20/40 (Now that feeling is FAR WORSE, indicating that 20/40 was and still is, outside of my bankroll).

Have to go to work. Peace and good luck!

1 comment:

chinlingo said...

oh yeah? (chen knows nothing about online poker)