Sunday, September 30, 2007

Full Speed Ahead

A lot of shit happened since I've last posted, I wanna play poker so I'll give you the abridged version:

1. I've been able to pump out $500+ checks every 10 days for the past 3 months (missed one withdrawal due to a 2 week dry run). But I'm basically "in the cycle" so a check hits my door every 10 days or so.

2. I've gotten over my fear of cash games. I'm far from expert/pro level cash game play but I can definitely say I understand them now. I'm up close to $1.5k from my past 10 AC trips (1/2 NL $300 Max Buy-In)

3. I quit my job. Basically I've got only 2.5 months left on my lease at this apartment. In order to stay I need to renew my lease for another year. The fact that I'm getting bored of work and also want to live closer to my family/friends gives me little reason to renew the lease and stick around at that retarded-ass desk job. I quit so soon because I've got enough money now to cover all my living expenses for a solid 3 months (thanks poker).

Ok so, looking forward

Immediate Action Items
These are my immediate, reachable goals that I've set for myself. The ultimate goal is MUCH larger but this is my current checklist

1. $500+ every 10 days is nice, but I need more. First and most important goal is to make $650 a week. I picked $650 a week is because that's about how much I was netting at my day job ($47K/year). I will primarily do this by 6 tabling $8 and $16 SNGs (my bread and butter) for 5-8 hours a night.

2. Dedicate 3-5hrs a day to my other projects. Ultimately, I do not want poker to be my primary source of income. My other projects will be my source of income wealth. Since this is my poker blog, I won't get into this right now.

3. Consistently beat $1/$2 NL live in AC. I started playing poker online, primarily play online and consistently beat online so therefore I'm an online player. I need this kind of confidence at live games. This goal is not as immediate as the first 2 goals and I will only begin to focus on it once I hit a consistent $650 a week online for 3 weeks straight.

4. Stay healthy. Cut down on fast food and junk food. Stretch, jog for 45 min and play 1 hour of tennis daily. Not only do I need to get back in shape, but I need the discipline.

4. Blog at least 2 times a week. This has many benefits.

OK sick of typing, gonna play. Peace.

- Mori

No comments: